Thursday 20th October
5.00pm – 7:30pm
Byron Community College, Room 3
Level 1/107 Jonson St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Every hiring manager or business owner will agree that the time that is invested into filling vacancies comes at a premium, and as many local businesses know, filling vacancies has become more frequent of a business activity than ever before. So, when interviewing candidates, you need to ensure that you have got the best from the candidate and your time. Interviews are arguably the most difficult technique to get right, because interviewers should ask questions that will meet the role you’re advertising and select a candidate that will suit the culture, add value to your service standards and help meet the goals of your organisation.
What the workshop will cover:
- In this workshop, Justine Dorrell will help participants develop their interviewing skills to select the right person.
- We will cover how you can lay a strong foundation to achieve a successful outcome from your interviews.
- The importance of phone screening, how to tailor your questions to suit your role, and why it’s okay to go off script if needed.
- They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to prepare for interviews, determine the right questions, understand the most common interview mistakes and how to ask and to analyse a candidate’s answers.
- We will cover how to approach junior roles right through to senior management and executive level positions.
- You will leave with some great tools to take into your business and learn about the legal obligations of the interviewer.
- There will also be time for some practical activities to embed your skills with asking the right type of questions – please bring an outline of a role you are trying to fill as we will run through some role-plays with the group.
About Justine Dorrell
Justine Dorrell is a Recruitment specialist and has embedded a culture of care, belonging and growth through her leadership of recruitment, culture and training. There is no better time than now to brush up your skills as we head into the peak period of trade for the Northern Rivers.
5pm arrival + snack ꟾ 5.15pm start ꟾ 7.30pm finish
Thank you to NSW Govt for subsidising this training.
RTO #90013 Byron Region Community College
Please note: You may be photographed or filmed for marketing purposes while attending this event. Please advise the organiser if you have questions, concerns, or do not wish this to happen. As an attendee, you will be added to the SBP mailing list for event correspondence, follow up and upcoming event information. The option to unsubscribe is available at any time.